Starting my new project tmy.li02 Jan 2017
For the last few days I’ve been starting a new private project which will be available on https://tmy.li. I also planned a blog series about it.
And yes, it will be another url shortener. But bit.ly and others will not have to be afraid.
It’s a learning/proof of concept project with which I’m pursuing some goals.
My personal main goals are:
- use PHP 7.1
- use Symfony 3.x, especially the micro-kernel feature
- use DunglasActionBundle
- use Domain-driven Design with Symfony
- using Let’s Encrypt with Docker-Compose and especially in production
- complete client rendering for the frontend with ReactJS
- using PHP-PM with NGINX for high-performance
As for the result, I want to create some links which are one character shorter than the links of bit.ly.
http://tmy.li/nk/foo -> 20 chars http://bit.ly/2ifj8vn -> 21 chars
I planned this project in four parts.
At first I will initialize the project and create a dummy Symfony application. The second part is about the infrastructure with Docker and Docker-Compose and how the services are coming together.
Part three, the main part, is the real application implementation with front- and backend (API). The last part is the PHP-PM integration.
After finishing each step, I’m going to create a new blog post about it.